Mailbox full

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

wijnand
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Mailbox full

Post by wijnand »

Hi guys, I wanted to mail Luc (em@globecargova.org) but the mailbox is full! So I put the message in the forum.

===============================

Hi Luc,

I had a flight planned for 30 april (PAC998), because in Holland 30 april is a national holiday and we all celebrate the birthday of our queen. Which means, a day off!!
But, while we where watching the tv and many people where watching the royal family passing in a bus, some idiot drove his car through the crowd, and tried to hit the bus. He missed, and collided against a statue.

For the rest of the day, we only watched TV and browsed the internet. I did not think of flying.

The result? 7 people dead, 11 wounded incl 3 children.

We are used (unfortunately) to the bad news from Iraq etc in the news. But seeing a live attack on your queen on a (what should have been) celebration ..........

Maybe it is time to emigrate to the planet of the apes. Maybe there is more common sense and humanity there?

Take care,

Wijnand (pilot 1174)

=============================================================
Greetings and happy landings,

Wijnand (EHBK)

(img)http://www.globecargova.org/images/Desi ... .jpg(/img)
Brogs

Re: Mailbox full

Post by Brogs »

wijnand wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to mail Luc (em@globecargova.org) but the mailbox is full! So I put the message in the forum.

Hi Luc,

I had a flight planned for 30 april (PAC998), because in Holland 30 april is a national holiday and we all celebrate the birthday of our queen. Which means, a day off!!
But, while we where watching the tv and many people where watching the royal family passing in a bus, some idiot drove his car through the crowd, and tried to hit the bus. He missed, and collided against a statue.

For the rest of the day, we only watched TV and browsed the internet. I did not think of flying.

We are used (unfortunately) to the bad news from Iraq etc in the news. But seeing a live attack on your queen on a (what should have been) celebration ..........

Maybe it is time to emigrate to the planet of the apes. Maybe there is more common sense and humanity there?

Take care,Wijnand

Wijnand (pilot 1174)

We saw that on the News Winjand, I believe the guy died, what was his beef? was he a Nutcase or a Muslim Fundamentalist, mind you there ain,t much difference !
:roll:
esurfman

Post by esurfman »

7 people dead....incredible I guess the wires really did connect in this guys head. Really bad for all the family of all the people killed or wounded. Very sad..
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Brogs wrote:
wijnand wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to mail Luc (em@globecargova.org) but the mailbox is full! So I put the message in the forum.

Hi Luc,

Take care,Wijnand

Wijnand (pilot 1174)

We saw that on the News Winjand, I believe the guy died, what was his beef? was he a Nutcase or a Muslim Fundamentalist, mind you there ain,t much difference !
:roll:
It was no fundamentalist or what so ever. Just a nutcase I guess. He was a loner they said and just went without work (fired). I guess we'll never know why now :shock:
Captain Peter Klijnstra

chevol

Post by chevol »

Hello Wijnand,

Yes I saw the very sad event on tv, what a stupid action by a very sick person, I guess. My email box was full while I was away for 2 weeks, I am getting very tired of these people who want me to loose weight or make part of my body grow enormously.... There are also some very sick people behind all these spams we are getting, filters are useless, either inefficient or too efficient, a real nightmare!

Cheers
Luc
Luc Chevol-Voeltzel
pilot #1196
Geneva, Switzerland

ImageImage