Available Flights for New Pilot Question

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

K.S. Weber
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Available Flights for New Pilot Question

Post by K.S. Weber »

Hello all,

I'm a brand new pilot here at Globe Cargo. I've been striving to find a realistic VA with MEL items, bids, seniority for quite some time and it seems I've found it here. I've been assigned to the Asia/Australia region. Currently, I only have the 2nd generation freeware RFP 742; I own the PMDG 744 passenger version but not 744F. I'm browsing the open flights for the Asia/Australia reason, but unfortunately there aren't any with a 742 equipment type. How should I address this? Am I required to fly flights in the Asia/Australia region only? Or do I need to purchase the 744F since it appears there are more 744Fs in the fleet anyways and the pilot manual states the 744 passenger version alone is not adequate?

Thanks.
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Available Flights for New Pilot Question

Post by 1691 »

Hi Kyle,

Check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2858

Its a forum posting that shows that you can use certain 742 tail numbers if you dont have the 744. However, N429MC is a 744 passenger version converted to freighter that Atlas has, so you may actually get to use that model. You can find that in the FLEET-->INFORMATION-->LIVERIES section of the GC main page. I hope this helps, and welcome aboard.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

Thank you for the quick reply.

Just so I understand, I can substitute a 744F with one of those 2 742 tails? And I would have to select a flight listed under Asia/Australia?
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Kyle, unless something has changed, you can fly any of the 747 flights with your 200 cargo version. If it says it's for a 400, no problem, you may fly that flight with your 200. If you use your PMDG, you'll need a version that is actually cargo capable as the add on models it. ie: no passenger seats.

Also, you can fly anything you want to fly, it does not have to be in your region. We have regions mainly for administrative purposes only.
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

Here's another question...I flew KJFK-KWRI last night and it appears in my logbook on the GCP program but still shows my name associated with that flight on the open assignment board. Did I miss a step?
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

As well as my return today KWRI-KJFK.
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Not sure about that. I just checked the Atlas board and no flights exist there, so I am assuming your talking about either an "Open Board Flight" or your "Polar Flight Assignment" on the Polar board.

If you have a flight scheduled from KJFK to KWRI then once you get there, you don't fly a return unless there is a specific flight posted for a return. In example, every flight you fly must have a scheduled flight associated with it either on the Atlas Board or the Polar Flight Board.

If this is a Polar Board flight, you'll need to check with Michel on this. He does those.
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

http://www.globecargova.org/Polar/pilot_open_board.php

My KWRI-KJFK flight was removed but KJFK-KWRI booking remains.

One additional question, since I'm mostly 742-only (but can substitute flights, as mentioned above)...how would I handle a flight operated by, say, QFA? There isn't a 742 repaint in the QFA colors.

Post by 1691 »

QFA flights arent operated by QFA planes. Atlas operates the flight in their name, using Atlas equipment. As for the open board flights, the schedules are put out every 2 days, so tomorrow, your WRI-JFK flight will be gone. Open board flights dont automatically disappear like the Atlas charters.
Allan Burek-1691
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

I guess I should have used the example of like Emirates, since I believe they have their own paint?

And thanks for the info about the 2 days.

Post by 1691 »

Yes, Emirates' contract with Atlas states they will have some aircraft dedicated to them, therefore painted in their colors. Previous cases were also true with China Airlines and Alitalia, although those are now completed.
Allan Burek-1691
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

So in accordance with SOP, I would need to find a (fictional) 742F repaint to be able to fly those routes?

Post by 1691 »

Check the aircraft list and logbooks on the main site. Just select one of those tail numbers (N5XXMC) on GCP and you should be good. You'd be hard pressed to find many repaints for the RFP and Atlas, so dont go nuts about that.
Allan Burek-1691
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
K.S. Weber

Post by K.S. Weber »

Great, thanks. Sorry for so many questions.

Post by 1691 »

No need to apologize. Thats what were here for.
Allan Burek-1691
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera