MD-11F Crashes on Takeoff (PVG)

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nharwood
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

MD-11F Crashes on Takeoff (PVG)

Post by nharwood »

Very sad news out of China today.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article ... 420993.htm

Recently repainted. Sounds like a horrendous tail strike from what I've seen posted elsewhere on the net.
John Khan

Re: MD-11F Crashes on Takeoff (PVG)

Post by John Khan »

I saw this on the news this morning. They said 3 Americans died, - perhaps the flight crew?

I hope not.

John
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

Avient Aviation MD-11F.

Never heard of the company, but 7 crew were aboard. The three that died were American. It was a Zimbabwe registered aircraft.
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

hawkeyeted wrote:Avient Aviation MD-11F.

Never heard of the company, but 7 crew were aboard. The three that died were American. It was a Zimbabwe registered aircraft.
There was an article about Avient in a recent edition of Airliners World magazine. I believe it is owned by British husband and wife and they operate out of Europe but registered in Zimbabwe for convenience. The MD11F was ex-Varig and was recently seen in Miami prior to delivery. The aircraft has been in service for just 1 week.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

What I read was that the aircraft never got off the ground and drove off the end of the runway. Not knowing all the details, the preliminary evidence points to a discrepancy in the take-off weight. Most mishaps are pilot error, weather related, or Weight & Balance related.