PMDG Update

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nharwood
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

PMDG Update

Post by nharwood »

In case any of you missed it, PMDG posted an update on their current development work and future plans. To summarize they plan to offer a 747-8i/F 3D model / texture / sound addon for the 744X product. This is supposed to be ready this month. They're also getting close on the 737NGX which I guess is supposed to have some new features never before seen from PMDG. And finally, they hope to have a full fidelity 777 in the next 18 months.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=272958

http://www.youtube.com/user/PMDG7478i
Member with over 30 posts

Re: PMDG Update

Post by 1691 »

Very cool. These are the reasons why PMDG is the product by which all others are gauged.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Great news :D Been waiting for very long for an 777 from PMDG. This means we can fly this one here too at Globe :?: :?: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted:
Captain Peter Klijnstra

AmundRe

Post by AmundRe »

PKlijnstra wrote:Great news :D Been waiting for very long for an 777 from PMDG. This means we can fly this one here too at Globe :?: :?: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted:
Oh Peter... :roll:
Best Regards,
Captain Joppich, Steven "Mongoloid"
Pilot# 2011
"Hammer taken away from Midget."
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

sorry i dont buy a cosmetic new plane coming from PMDG ... 747-8 where is authenticity and performance ... just a money maker ... not bad but pmdg is suppose to do better they re going to lite like others not my cup of tea ...!!!
Fassam

Post by Fassam »

Phillipe,

Agree not in for this one unless the flight characteristics and range capabilities have also been changed which I believe from reading the announcement is a no.

shame would have been a nice opportunity for them to update the 747-400 package to a fully blown 748 and make some money; i suppose they looked at it and just was not financially viable. Can't say I blame them, I run a business and do not give away someting for nothing.

As for the T7 me personally can take it or leave, the days of buying eveyr add on are over!!! However this announcement is making interest waves across the FS commnunities looking at the various FS related message boards.

Am happy with my 744 and MD11 :D
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Lee,

i ve been involved in some add-ons since FS98 and worked on some nice projects but PMDG was so good when they worked for Aerowinx with Hardy Heinlin on PS1.2 then Robert choose to go on FS plateform for a while then changed for another plateform (i never flown this special flight simulator ...) then back to FS and make some real good aircrafts especially if you know how FS platform dont let you do what you want ... in the project never finished i had with FS98 we at the moment were able to make a perfect autoland simulated and it was with bad conditions ... but back to reality of simulation the 747-8 is a new aircraft just for now rolled out nothing more and within a few weeks you ll be able to handle and fly it on aesthetic side but nothing on perfs side that made PMDG so weel known that s why i dont buy it ... especially if the next coming aircrafts are not coming with the perfs datas published you need to make your part on flightplanning side ...!!!

but that s me and wont tell what the people have to do or not ...

wish all the best to all.

Phil
nharwood

Post by nharwood »

Depending on how much it costs, I might buy the 747-8 it just to support PMDG - but I am blessed with the resources to do so. PMDG is unparalleled in add-on quality and I don't want them going anywhere :mrgreen:

That being said, I don't care enough about them to spend over $20 for it. :wink:

I'm more excited about the 737NGX and how they hope to speed future development through code improvements and the hopefully a quick 777 turnaround. Even though they aren't saying it, I suspect a 787 somewhere in the not so distant future based on their close cooperation with Boeing.
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Nathan,

there is no cooperation between Boeing and PMDG but a paid license (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/ipm/index.html http://www.boeing.com/commercial/ipm/do ... ochure.pdf) this is not the same. and yes certainly a 787 is coming but i already have the datas ...
but as i said everybody can do what he wants but dont claim you re not warned : this is not a -8 you re buying there is no ER or ERF already done but only a candy eye extra dollars -8 on a -400 file.... they re going like others to lite that s it ... we ll see certainly the 737 back to the hardcore but again im a 747 fan ...

all the best

Phil
nharwood

Post by nharwood »

Undestood. I thought I read at one point PMDG was working for Boeing training services as a subcontractor on training products outside of MSFS enthusist community. I probably don't remember that correctly.

And Phil, I had no idea you were a 747 fan! :wink:
esurfman

Post by esurfman »

Now the big question: is it going to be FS9 compatible?
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

esurfman wrote:Now the big question: is it going to be FS9 compatible?
From the PMDG forums: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=273247
2) Aside from the 737NG2.0, no other PMDG product announced or in development will be considered for the FS2004 platform. This means that the Dash-8, the 777 and the recently announced 747-8 Extension will be in FSX only. I am sorry if this was not clear in our announcement from Saturday- but this has been stated before in previous discussions, so we thought it was understood.
Not many software vendors out there are willing to support a 7 year old product. Looks like it is time to switch to FSX...
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

nharwood wrote:Undestood. I thought I read at one point PMDG was working for Boeing training services as a subcontractor on training products outside of MSFS enthusist community. I probably don't remember that correctly.

And Phil, I had no idea you were a 747 fan! :wink:
Lol ... :D
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

thansson wrote:
esurfman wrote:Now the big question: is it going to be FS9 compatible?
From the PMDG forums: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=273247
2) Aside from the 737NG2.0, no other PMDG product announced or in development will be considered for the FS2004 platform. This means that the Dash-8, the 777 and the recently announced 747-8 Extension will be in FSX only. I am sorry if this was not clear in our announcement from Saturday- but this has been stated before in previous discussions, so we thought it was understood.
Not many software vendors out there are willing to support a 7 year old product. Looks like it is time to switch to FSX...
Thomas, this is a good point and ill think about this but hope you re continuing to support FS9 here for some times ....
nharwood

Post by nharwood »