Timewise

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

theophile
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Timewise

Post by theophile »

Hi,

I am a new pilot and I have some questions that I do not seem to find in the forums:

1. I know that the Titan and Atlas charters are due within 48 hours.What about the Polar bids
and the Polar open board flights.Can a long haul flight be done in a number of days,say 1 hour a
day for 8 days?And this brings me to my second question:
2. Does the GCP pirep system allow saving a flight and continuing the next day?If yes,then how does one
save the flight?(or does one start at the last autosave)

I would be gratefull for any reply.

Eric T. Schellekens
Pilot 1849
hawkeyeted

Re: Timewise

Post by hawkeyeted »

The Atlas and Titan flights have time lines attached to them because they are charters. The intent is to prevent someone from snatching up the flight and then sitting on it so no one else can fly it. If you can't fly it within 48 hours, leave it for someone else.....

The Polar schedule is a little more flexible. Normally, that is our monthly bid section, so essentially you have the entire month to complete it. Additionally, the Open Board flights are unclaimed flights (i.e. were not claimed during the monthly bid window). As the weeks progress, you'll see them go from the green "Available" to the red "Unclaimed". Unclaimed flights are no longer eligible because the week they were valid has already passed.

Hope that clears up things.
theophile

Post by theophile »

Thanks Ted,that makes it clear for me.
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

Welcome aboard.
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

hawkeyeted wrote:The Atlas and Titan flights have time lines attached to them because they are charters. The intent is to prevent someone from snatching up the flight and then sitting on it so no one else can fly it. If you can't fly it within 48 hours, leave it for someone else.....

The Polar schedule is a little more flexible. Normally, that is our monthly bid section, so essentially you have the entire month to complete it. Additionally, the Open Board flights are unclaimed flights (i.e. were not claimed during the monthly bid window). As the weeks progress, you'll see them go from the green "Available" to the red "Unclaimed". Unclaimed flights are no longer eligible because the week they were valid has already passed.

Hope that clears up things.
Also, the Polar Open Board will only show flights for today and tomorrow.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA