Big day for Winnipeg!

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Ken S
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Big day for Winnipeg!

Post by Ken S »

In fact, I think I'll go and do a little planespotting here in Winnipeg!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI5427

Looks like it'll be N415MC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvl-holland/8070585617/
raa57
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Big day for Winnipeg!

Post by raa57 »

Look forward to the photos Ken :D :D :D

Terry
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

It'll be dark, no promises ;-)
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

It was N415MC that came. Wish I had a scanner (Santa - hint) at the time, figured it was a safe bet that she'd land on runway 31 seeing that's what they were using. Low and behold she came in on runway 36.

THE WINDS WERE 330 TRUE @ 20 KNOTS GUSTS 27 KNOTS when she landed, taxied to the cargo apron via, t,f,h & s right past me. Had to give them a thumbs up - they must have thought I was nuts stand on that 12' snow bank in the storm taking pictures. They took on fuel and were going to continue on to Keflavik Int'l (BIKF / KEF).

All in all it was worth the 80km round trip into Winnipeg during the storm to see her. The only time we see 747's are for diversions, medicals or mechanicals. I think we see the AN-124 more often. Sorry the other pictures look like crap, I won't load them.

Gregory Rains

Post by Gregory Rains »

Neat pic there, sir. That's quite the perseverance to wait out in the elements, not to mention travel, to see it. But thanks for sharing!

May I ask, how in the world did you come to know it was going to be stopping by in the first place?
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Gregory Rains wrote:Neat pic there, sir. That's quite the perseverance to wait out in the elements, not to mention travel, to see it. But thanks for sharing!

May I ask, how in the world did you come to know it was going to be stopping by in the first place?
I knew the flight number, I had it set up as an alert in Flightaware. An email was sent one the flight plan was filed. I was dispatched :wink:

It's on our schedule/open board flights.

Not entirely sure (but happy) they stop in to take on fuel.
jacques

Post by jacques »

I like this picture very much Mr. Stojak! I think it captures the aircraft in the conditions and weather perfectly. Things are not exactly clear when its blowing 20 kts, it is really freaking cold and its snowing! I guess this roadtrip is yet another perk of being by yourself for the week! 8) :wink:
Jay
DHG750R

Post by DHG750R »

Nice catch Ken, It was a charter to pick up cattle if I remember right. I will keep an eye out for anymore headed your way.
Darrell Gordon
Globe Cargo 1557
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

DHG750R wrote:Nice catch Ken, It was a charter to pick up cattle if I remember right. I will keep an eye out for anymore headed your way.

Thanks Darrell, I'd appreciated that.
esurfman

Post by esurfman »

Nice Pic Ken. 80 km in a storm? Crazy Canuck does apply to you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

esurfman wrote:Nice Pic Ken. 80 km in a storm? Crazy Canuck does apply to you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That had me in mind when the developed the Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi's. :wink:
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Ken S

Post by Ken S »

A friend of mine, Nick (Professional Photographer) over at: http://concordenickartphoto.zenfolio.com/ went to the airport today and got these :!:

raa57

Post by raa57 »

Great looking pics again Ken :D :D :D

Hopefully you will get plenty more Atlas flights into Winniepeg....

Was good to fly with you the other night too,even if it was only a quick take-off and circle to land again for me :D

Cheers Terry
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Great Pics Ken, especially the first one ! :D