2nd Fly-In

Post your Globe Cargo Screen Shots Here . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

mlegein
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by mlegein »

"Our 2nd Fly-In took us on a ferry flight from Helsinki to Prestwick. Participating pilots were: Mark Jankowski, Bryan Jones, Justin Erickson, Mark Adams, Lee Glover, Luc Chevol and myself. Enjoy the pictures! <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Click on the pictures to enlarge.</span></span> Cold wintery weather at EFHK. I am going through my preflight duties. Bryan Jones is taxying to runway 22L. [attachmentid=621] I am still entering waypoints into the INS. Justin can be seen taxying in the background. [attachmentid=622] Almost ready. Just a few more checks to go. It started snowing and visibility is dropping fast. [attachmentid=623] Taxying to runway 22L. [attachmentid=624] Giant 738 Heavy, rolling. [attachmentid=625] Finally breaking through the clouds. [attachmentid=626] Cruising nicely at FL400. [attachmentid=627] Following the STAR into the Prestwick area. [attachmentid=628] Intercepting the localizer for Rwy 13. [attachmentid=629] On Glideslope [attachmentid=630] Approaching minimums. [attachmentid=631] Waiting for Mark Adams and Luc Chevol. You can count five 747's on the apron. [attachmentid=632] Mark Adams is cleared to land on runway 13. Luc had to hold at the Turnberry VOR for spacing. [attachmentid=633] Nice landing, Mark! [attachmentid=634] Luc just landed and is taxying to the parking area. He was the last one so this concludes the Fly-In. [attachmentid=635] Now we can all go to the local pub for a well deserved pint. <!--emo&:)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> See you next month at our 3rd Fly-In."
Last edited by mlegein on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

maj
Member with over 30 posts

Post by maj »

Nice pics Michel. It was a fun day!
Mark Jankowski
Pilot No.1125
KATL-North and South America
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

"Here are some additional pictures taken by Justin: <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Click to enlarge.</span></span> Three of us going through our preflight flow checks [attachmentid=638] Preflight checks continue, notice the deteriorating visibility [attachmentid=639] Making a turn early in the departure procedure, shortly after takeoff [attachmentid=640] Shutdown at the gate, Mark Jankowski in the background arrived several minutes before myself [attachmentid=641] A nice touchdown by Michel Legein?he claims he touched down on the centerline?but pictures speak a thousand words <!--emo&;)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> (for the record multiplayer doesn?t seem to produce the exact position of aircraft especially during flight) [attachmentid=643]"
Last edited by mlegein on Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

chevol

Post by chevol »

"Hi Michel, Again, thank you for preparing this fly-in so well with Justin. Yes it was fun and quite a challenge, I was exhausted! here is an article about one of the discussions we had: the Gimli glider! I met Bob Pearson when he was a glider pilot, like me, at the Montreal Soaring Council (Hawkesbury Ont.) in the late 70s. We were then trained to do side slips to bring the heavy Schweitzer 233 down, Bob was the first pilot to do one with a 767 and he saved many lives indeed! A bientôt Luc"
Luc Chevol-Voeltzel
pilot #1196
Geneva, Switzerland

ImageImage
maj

Post by maj »

"Thanks Luc, excellent reading!"
Mark Jankowski
Pilot No.1125
KATL-North and South America