TTN7113 Supplying Coldfoot, Alaska

Post your Globe Cargo Screen Shots Here . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Hans-Christian
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

TTN7113 Supplying Coldfoot, Alaska

Post by Hans-Christian »

Loading 10100 lbs (!!!) Cargo for Coldfoot , Alaska at Kotzebue just before dawn. (I guess mostly for the "Arctic Circle Inn", Coldfoot Ak 9970l,
Mile 103) . Fuel filled up to MTOW.

Arrived at Coldfoot at noon, temperature: -39 °C, population in Winter 12.
The Coldfoot airport terminal really looks that way.

What a wonderful paint!

Who said that there will be no fuel available at PACX? (Ok, I saw the fuel truck on a picture taken in summer, so I parked it there, I think it´s only for the GA)

I think this Alaska Charter Tour will be my all time favorite. Very Cold, very dark, and sometimes scary weather.
With the next leg, I will be heading north to Deadhorse. If there is enough daylight, I will post some pictures.
Hans-Christian
John Khan

Re: TTN7113 Supplying Coldfoot, Alaska

Post by John Khan »

Excellent stuff HC. It makes me want to reinstall the ATR.

By the way, your computer talks funny, like my wife ..... :D

John
Michael Huhs

Post by Michael Huhs »

John Khan wrote: By the way, your computer talks funny, like my wife ..... :D
John
thx for the screens HC - the little german on the screen fits nicely as i fly home to graz austria for the holidays .. danke :)
Mike Bridge
Member with over 30 posts

Post by Mike Bridge »

Stunning mate :)

Keep em coming!
Mike Bridge
Brisbane, Australia - YBBN
mav214

Post by mav214 »

It's funny, I never heard of these places until I started watching IRT a few years ago. The first season was good, and the third, but the second and fourth were lame, and I haven't even been watching this year's episodes. Anyway, where was I??? OH, yeah, nice pics HC ;)
Hans-Christian

Post by Hans-Christian »

Thanks for your kind coments.
Btw: I am afraid not only my computer talks funny, its me too :D, but I will try my best.
Hi Michael, have nice time at Austria.
Hans-Christian
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

HC and others

Please do not worry about your English when you post on the forums.

We are lucky now to have people who have different first languages and we, who can only speak English, think it is amazing how you can speak and write (which is much harder) English, and quite often yours is better than ours. :P

There will always be someone to help with a problem on the forums, - so use them.

John
Hans-Christian

Post by Hans-Christian »

Hi John,

I think I got it right. It was a joke, of course it´s funny !!!, and I was joking too.
I am enjoying this international community that much, grown up men who are sharing their passion.
I am enjoying, that I can get in contact with someone like you, who lives on the other side of this earth.
Maybe I should get me a headset and start flying online...

Ok, and here are my final three screenshots from the leg Coldfoot to the oilfields of Deadhorse.
Days are short in Alaska and it´s getting dark again.

I started one hour later than scheduled, to get a glimpse of light at the artic sea.
Almost clear weather at PACX with temperatures at about -30°C. Sunrise at 11:30 while climbing towards Bettle.

Weather was getting bad. Light to moderate turbulences in clouds and moderate snow.
At about 13:00 pm on the ramp at Deadhorse, -27°C. No polar or grizzly bears in the vicinity, so we were able to unload in time.

And now back to Fairbanks. It would be nice to do this flight end of february or in spring again when days are getting longer.
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Brilliant HC, great story and pictures.

Yes, do get the headset and get on line. We have to organise some flights that some of us can do together, but the trouble is living on the other side of the world, - and upside-down ,- it makes it difficult.

We can get on Teamspeak 3 aswell, I have used it with a small VA here in Aus. and it is very good, - much better than the old TS2.

John
Brian Smith 1544
Member with over 10 posts

Post by Brian Smith 1544 »

Makes me want to learn to fly the ATR. Thanks for the screenshots. Oh, and where did you get scenery for those places in Alaska?

Brian
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

I,m leaving from Deadhorse later for Fairbanks, its still dark at 9am the sun is just over the Horizon, did some prospectors Horse die on him and then he decided to setlle there and create a Town called Deadhorse? great name! :D
Hans-Christian

Post by Hans-Christian »

Hi Brogs,
cold and dark gets a new meaning when flying to Alaska.
I have just read, that the ATR can operate at temperatures down to -54°C! Unbelievable, that this is possible!
In my opinion this Alaska charter is ATR flightsimming at it´s best. A big movie inside your head :D .

Hi Brian,
I have made the sceneries for myself, excluding the default buildings and using EZ-Scenery and all the pictures I could find. Most of the wonderful objects were created by Bill Womack for the Holger Sandmann sceneries Misty- and Tongass Fjords and Freight Dogs-The Scenery. And FSGenesis mesh.

Hans-Christian