747-200 INTO LOWI

Post your Globe Cargo Screen Shots Here . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

raa57
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

747-200 INTO LOWI

Post by raa57 »

Hi guys,
i recently tried a flight from ELLX/LOWI aboard the 742,and was chattingto jay on thenetwork earlier so this is for jay

fisrt off i had a shot at it offline as i was going to be doing it on a wednesday when austria comes alive on vatsim.
And although i did make it down i needed the speed brake all the way in as i was far too fast from the RTT IAF heres the pics

LOWI OFFLINE
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn10 ... =slideshow

So the next night i logged on and took off from LUX and had ATC the whole way in :lol: after listening on the freq ahead of me i heard atc saying landing EAST i wrongly assumed that was going tro be rwy 08 ,so when i was instructed to maintain FL120 until over the IAF then descend down to 9500ft i headed towards KTT NDB to be told by ATC i was wrong and to turn towards the RTT NDB which i then did as cit was landing EAST means frm the east ie rwy 26,once there i descnded in the hold to 9500ft and heard over the freq that one aircraft decided to abort his attempt and ended up flying into the mountainside,what hope have i got i thought to myself,so then ATC told me to leave RTT NDB on hdg 210 until i intercept the LOC which i started to do but couldnt make any sense of the HSI indactor at all,at which point ATC came on and asked if i had charts? YES i replied,CAN you read them was thenext question, to which i replied MAYBE NOT SIR :? ,OK max climbrate to FL120 and hdg 360 ATC ordered in a very efficient austrian manner, as i reached FL120 i noticed the problem,i had not diconnected the HSI indicator off the INSs so i was trying to locate the localizer while the HSI was tuned into the INSs still DOHH!!!
So my second approach was a lot better for speed but i still came in a little high but my gross weight was only 441000lbs so was able to stop easily

ENJOY

LOWI APPROACH ONLINE
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn10 ... =slideshow

REGARDS TERRY